This time we’re keeping it very focused on one subject — and we both learned some new ideas from each other in the process! We feel it’s our best episode yet ;–) Topics covered include:
- Value Objects, Entities and Identity
- Money as an example
- Encapsulating behaviour along with the Value Object state
- Contracts, composition and other OOP features
- Casting and parsing from and to Value Objects
- Persisting Value Objects with Doctrine or other ORM’s.
In other news, we’ve been working on various additions. We’ve submitted the podcast feed to iTunes, and we are now waiting for Apple to accept it. Please keep sending us your ideas (or pull requests!), so we can improve your experience. We’re both very busy and total podcast noobs, so allow us some time to get the details sorted.
References mentioned in the podcast:
- Conferences & Meetups
- Blog posts
- Books referencing Value Objects
- “Value Objects are the heart and soul of OOP” is a quote by Yves Reynhout, a @DDDBE co-founder
- The smooth voice in the new intro is Ross Tuck